17 July 2010

Getting Closer!

The end of the summer is a little over a month away.... That makes me sad, and also a little excited. I am sad because it is going to be hard and I am going to have to juggle between school, work and the little guy and it is going to be exhausting. I have had such a good time with my sweets over the last two months it really makes me regret not doing the school thing before. But I am doing this for us. So I can support us. I am older and chose to do some stupid things in my youth, and I am paying for that now, but trying my damndest to get my life in order. But, as I approach 28, I know that I did not want to wait too long to have a family. Not only have I always wanted to be a mom, Some of the last lucid words my grandmother said to me were not to wait to have a family. So at 26 I decided to have a baby. I knew it was going to be hard, but my son is soo worth it. I want to be someone that he can look up too. I want to be a role model for him. If he decides that he would like to go to college, I would like him to have someone to guide him. I want to be able to support him without having to worry.
I also want my mother to have a child that she can be proud of. My brothers and I really chose paths that took us down some bad roads and while I was lucky and got on the right track soon after I turned 18 it took one of my brothers a little longer, and one is still battling his problems, so I want to do this for my mom. I want her to be able to say that she has a child that is college educated and that makes her proud. Not that she is not proud of me now. My mom is my best friend and she is very proud of how I turned myself around and am taking care of myself, but it would be nice to give her something to be super proud of.
I also want to do it because I promised my grandma that I would.
But!
I am excited for school to start now that I have changed majors and I am excited to jump right in and get my hands dirty. I think I will do really well, I have always had an interest in science and stuff so the classes will be fun. I can't wait to get the prereq's done so that I can start the nursing program. I think after I have got the nursing part of it done, I want to look into what it would take for me to get my CNM (Certified Nurse-Midwife) because I want to be a L&D nurse, so why not go all the way and be someone who is actually allowed to deliver babies in non lifethreatening situations. That would be a dream. I am really hoping that with Cain being a little older this semester that it will be a little easier for me to do well in my classes. that way I can have more time for my baby boy.

I am going to pick up my school books today. I already have the math book and I was thinking of starting early on that so that I can get in as much practice as possible before next time.

So until next time, Pictures!
My sweets and I swimming


Uncle Bob's Elvis glasses

July '09

July'10

2 comments:

  1. Cain is soooo handsome! Don't you just want to eat him up as a mommy? Good luck starting this quarter Jess..you'll do great! Hey, I started as a mom much later than you...37...for different reasons, but it is all good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be very proud of yourself - it is not easy to go to school, work, and be a mom. And you are doing it, by choice, because you know it is the best thing for you and your family. I think that is wonderful!
    Good luck this term - you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete